the best diets for 15 common health conditions
1. Acute Renal Disease Dite —protein-restricted, high-calorie, fluid-controlled, sodium and potassium controlled.
2. Addison’s disease Dite —increased sodium, low potassium diet.
3. ADHD and Bipolar Dite —high-calorie and provide finger foods.
4. Burns Dite —high protein, high caloric, increase in Vitamin C.
5. Cancer Dite —high-calorie, high-protein.
6. Celiac Disease Dite —gluten-free diet (no BROW: barley, rye, oat, and wheat).
7. Chronic Renal Disease Dite —protein-restricted, low-sodium, fluid-restricted, potassium-restricted, phosphorus restricted.
8. Cirrhosis (stable) Dite—normal protein
9. Cirrhosis with hepatic insufficiencyDite — restrict protein, fluids, and sodium.
10. Constipation Dite —high-fiber, increased fluids
11. COPD Dite —soft, high-calorie, low carbohydrate, high-fat, small frequent feedings
12. Cystic Fibrosis Dite —increase in fluids.
13. Diarrhea Dite —liquid, low-fiber, regular, fluid, and electrolyte replacement
14. Gallbladder diseases Dite —low-fat, calorie-restricted, regular
15. Gastritis Dite —low-fiber, bland diet
16. Hepatitis Dite —regular, high-calorie, high-protein
17. Hyperlipidemias Dite —fat-controlled, calorie-restricted
18. Hypertension, heart failure, CAD Dite —low sodium, calorie-restricted, fat-controlled
19. Kidney Stones Dite —increased fluid intake, calcium-controlled, low-oxalate
20. Nephrotic Syndrome Dite —sodium-restricted, high-calorie, high-protein, potassium restricted.
21. Obesity, overweight Dite —calorie-restricted, high-fiver
22. Pancreatitis Dite —low-fat, regular, small frequent feedings; tube feeding or total parenteral nutrition.
23. Peptic ulcer Dite —bland diet
24. Pernicious Anemia Dite —increase Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin), found in high amounts on shellfish, beef liver, and fish.
25. Sickle Cell Anemia Dite —increase fluids to maintain hydration since sickling increases when patients become dehydrated.
26. Stroke Dite —mechanical soft, regular, or tube-feeding.
27. Underweight Dite —high-calorie, high protein
28. Vomiting Dite —fluid and electrolyte replacement